With a 1-minute TB contact time OPTIM 33TB is one of the fastest and most effective cleaner & intermediate level disinfectants. OPTIM 33TB is safe; it does not require any GHS hazard pictograms, signal words or statements. OPTIM 33TB gives you confidence that you are compliant and protecting your patients, staff, equipment and the environment; the perfect balance.
OPTIM has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) on hard non-porous surfaces and non-invasive medical devices. This product can therefore be used against COVID-19 when used in accordance with the directions for use against Poliovirus on hard, non-porous surfaces, and non-invasive medical devices.
One step disinfectant cleaner.
- Removes organic debris while disinfecting.1
- Made with 0.5% hydrogen peroxide, leaving no active residues
- Wipes cover twice as much area compared to leading competitors2
Broad Spectrum Disinfectant
Patented technology to deliver faster disinfection results.
- 1 minute tuberculocidal, bactericidal, virucidal contact time
- 3 minute fungicidal contact time
- 30-second sanitizer for your environmental surfaces
Demonstrated virucidal efficacy extends to new and emerging pathogens.
- 1 minute virucidal contact time applies to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS CoV) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS CoV). Read article here.
Safe for everyone
Non-toxic formula with no VOCs.
- No reproductive toxicity, skin irritation, eye irritation, or respiratory irritation
- No GHS hazard pictograms, signal words or statements required
- Designed to be compatible with a wide range of materials3
OPTIM 33TB: One-Step Cleaner & Intermediate Disinfectant. One-Minute TB Contact Time.
OPTIM 33TB vs quat low-alcohol disinfectant wipe (CA)
OPTIM 33TB CA vs alcohol-based disinfectant (CA)
OPTIM 33TB vs quat high-alcohol disinfectant (CA)
OPTIM 33TB (broad-spectrum virucide) vs Quat Low-Alcohol Disinfectant (broad-spectrum virucide) (CA)
Comparing OPTIM 33TB Cleaner-Disinfectant Wipes vs. a leading quat low-alcohol disinfectant using tiles stained with dried blood. Examining the disinfectant wipes’ cleaning and blood protein removal capabilities. OPTIM 33TB is the only disinfectant wipe to successfully clean and remove blood proteins, in one single application.
Both products tested have broad-spectrum virucidal claims meaning they both have been proven efficacy against hard to kill non-enveloped virus. OPTIM 33TB has a 1-minute contact time against hard to kill viruses; the quat low-alcohol disinfectant has a 3-minute contact time against hard to kill viruses.
|Surface Disinfectant Contact Time*|
|Product Name||Acitve Ingredient||Mycobacteria||Non-enveloped Viruses||Enveloped Viruses||Bacteria||Fungicidal|
|TB||Adenovirus||Poliovirus||Norovirus||Rotavirus||RSV||HIV||HBV (Hep.B)||HCV (Hep.C)||Influenza A||MRSA||VRE||E.coli||PSA|
|OPTIM 33TB||Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||3|
|BioSurf||Alcohol Anhydrous||1||20 sec||10 sec|
|Tb Minuteman||Alcohol Anhydrous||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Clorox HP Wipes||Hydrogen Peroxide||5||3||1||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||1||1||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||5|
* Contact time in minutes. If blank, no published information was available. Information was obtained from publicly available material in October of 2016. Information will be updated if there are changes in claims.
Safety Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
1 John Molinari, PhD. “OPTIM 33TB Cleaning Study”, Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2010.
2 John Molinari, Ph.D., Environmental Surface Wetness Test: Comparison of Disinfectant Wipes. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2015.
3 John Molinari, Ph.D., Peri Nelson, B.S. Effect of OPTIM 33TB on Tensile Properties of Dental Chair Fabrics. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2016.
Manufactured by: VIROX Technologies Inc., 2770 Coventry Rd., Oakville, ON, L6H 6R1