With a 1-minute broad-spectrum contact time OPTIM 1 is one of the fastest and most effective cleaner & intermediate level disinfectants. OPTIM 1 is safe; it does not require any GHS hazard pictograms, signal words or statements. OPTIM 1 gives you confidence that you are compliant and protecting your patients, staff, equipment, and the environment; the perfect balance.
OPTIM has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) on hard non-porous surfaces and non-invasive medical devices. This product can therefore be used against COVID-19 when used in accordance with the directions for use against Poliovirus on hard, non-porous surfaces, and non-invasive medical devices.
One step disinfectant cleaner.
- Removes organic debris while disinfecting1
- Made with 0.5% hydrogen peroxide, leaving no active residues
- Wipes cover twice as much area compared to leading competitors2
Fast Broad Spectrum Disinfectant
Patented technology to deliver faster disinfection results.
- 1-minute tuberculocidal, bactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal contact time
- 10-second sanitizer for your environmental surfaces
Demonstrated virucidal efficacy extends to new and emerging pathogens.
- 1 minute virucidal contact time applies to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS CoV) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS CoV)
Safe for everyone
Non-toxic formula with no VOCs.
- No reproductive toxicity, skin irritation, eye irritation, or respiratory irritation
- No GHS hazard pictograms, signal words or statements required
- Designed to be compatible with a wide range of materials3
Dental Advisor and Dr. John Molinari: Environmental Surface Cleaning Investigation
Dr. John Molinari tests alcohol and QUAT surface cleaners, as well as, OPTIM 1: One-Step Cleaner & Intermediate Disinfectant.
OPTIM 1 (broad-spectrum virucide) vs Quat Low-Alcohol Disinfectant (broad-spectrum virucide) (CA)
Comparing OPTIM 1 Cleaner-Disinfectant Wipes vs. a leading quat low-alcohol disinfectant using tiles stained with dried blood. Examining the disinfectant wipes’ cleaning and blood protein removal capabilities. OPTIM 1 is the only disinfectant wipe to successfully clean and remove blood proteins, in one single application.
Both products tested have broad-spectrum virucidal claims meaning they both have been proven efficacy against hard to kill non-enveloped virus. OPTIM 1 has a 1-minute contact time against hard to kill viruses; the quat low-alcohol disinfectant has a 3-minute contact time against hard to kill viruses.
|Surface Disinfectant Contact Time*|
|Product Name||Acitve Ingredient||Mycobacteria||Non-enveloped Viruses||Enveloped Viruses||Bacteria||Fungicidal|
|TB||Adeno||Polio||Noro||Rota||RSV||HIV||HBV (Hep.B)||HCV (Hep.C)||Influenza A||MRSA||VRE||E.coli||PSA|
|OPTIM 1||Hydrogen Peroxide||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|OPTIM 33TB||Hydrogen Peroxide||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||3|
|BioSurf||Alcohol Anhydrous||1||20 sec||10 sec|
|Tb Minuteman||Alcohol Anhydrous||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Clorox HP Wipes||Hydrogen Peroxide||5||3||1||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||1||1||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||5|
* Contact time in minutes. If blank, no published information was available. Information was obtained from publicly available material in November 2020. Information will be updated if there are changes in claims.
Safety Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
1 John Molinari, PhD, Peri Nelson, BS, and Devi J.V. Raghavan, BDS. OPTIM 1 Environmental Surface Cleaning Investigation. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2016.
2 John A. Molinari, Ph.D., Peri Nelson, B.S., Antonia Molinari. Environmental Surface Wetness Test: Comparison of Disinfectant Wipes. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2015.
3 John Molinari, Ph.D., Peri Nelson, B.S. Effect of OPTIM 1 on Tensile Properties of Dental Chair Fabrics. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2016.
Manufactured by: VIROX Technologies Inc., 2770 Coventry Rd., Oakville, ON, L6H 6R1