Combining the spirit of achievement with human and social values has always been a priority at SciCan. Add to this our proven track record of innovation, high quality and dependability, and you’ll find a powerful combination that has ensured our growth as a company. We maintain our position as a leader in the health care industry by using a management structure that balances trusting relationships with a creative, dynamic environment.
Being a member of the SciCan family means taking an interest in exploring new paths and using your leadership and strategic planning skills. If you thrive in an exciting, active environment and value quality of life as much as quality of work, we’d like to hear from you. Feel free to send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in pursuing an opportunity with SciCan in the future.
This position is responsible for the design and development of new products, accessories and spare parts, as well as engineering support of current products.
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Ability to Work in Multi-disciplinary Environment
- Time Management
- Ability to Work with Minimal Supervision
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Fast Learner
- Accountability and Dependability
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Engineer/Developer will work within a team of engineers and developers to perform one or more of the following:
- Process Engineering Change Requests, Engineering Test Requests and Engineering Change Orders according to established procedures
- Design production jigs and fixtures
- Conduct tolerance stack-up analysis and design failure mode and effects analysis of designs (DFMEA) where required
- Sourcing and qualification of vendors for new part designs and current product parts where required
- Change design of existing parts to improve manufacturability, or reduce cost where required
- Design and/or specify new parts, components, or assemblies for use in new or current products where required
- Design of experiments, write test protocols, conduct tests and report results
- Participate in design reviews for new parts and products when required
- Assist with product verification, trouble-shooting and testing
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- University Degree in Mechanical or Electro-mechanical Engineering, P.Eng. status an asset
- Minimum three years of work experience, preferably in dental/medical field related to disinfection or home appliance related to dishwashers
- Knowledge of sheet metal design, injection molding, jig & fixture design
- Knowledge of 3D solid modeling CAD (preferably Creo Parametric 4.0)
- Fast learner who can work with incomplete information and with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, with excellent organization and communication skills and able to work in a multi-discipline team environment
- Good understanding of Design FMEA, drafting standards and GD&T an asset
- Exposure to ISO quality systems and manufacturing environment an asset
- Knowledge of DIN and ISO drawing standards an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
Interested candidates, please e-mail a copy of your resume to email@example.com. Candidates that meet the above requirements will be contacted for an interview. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in SciCan. No phone calls please.
SciCan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources team is responsible for working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.