With a 1 minute broad-spectrum contact time, OPTIM 1 is one of the fastest and most effective cleaner & intermediate level disinfectants. It is listed as a category IV, the EPA’s lowest toxicity category. OPTIM 1 provides the confidence that you are compliant and mindful of patients, staff, equipment and the environment without compromise: the perfect balance.
OPTIM has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) on hard non-porous surfaces and non-invasive medical devices. This product can therefore be used against COVID-19 when used in accordance with the directions for use against Poliovirus on hard, non-porous surfaces, and non-invasive medical devices.
Effective one-step cleaner
One step disinfectant cleaner.
- Removes organic debris while disinfecting.1
- Active ingredient, Hydrogen Peroxide, breaks down into water and oxygen.
- 1⁄2 as many wipes as the leading competitor are needed to keep your surface wet long enough to achieve disinfection.2
Fast Broad Spectrum Disinfectant
Patented technology to deliver faster disinfection results.
- 1-minute contact time ensures compliance, saving you time and money.2
- 30-second fungicidal and virucidal contact time.
- Designed to be compatible with a wide range of materials3
Demonstrated virucidal efficacy extends to new and emerging pathogens.
- 30-second virucidal contact time applies to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS CoV) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS CoV). Read article here.
Designed with the user in mind
No VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- In the lowest EPA toxicity category, category IV.
- No GHS hazard pictograms, signal words or statements required.
- No active residues reduce environmental impact.
OPTIM 1: One-Step Cleaner & Intermediate Disinfectant. One-Minute TB Contact Time.
With a 1-minute broad-spectrum contact time, OPTIM 1 is one of the fastest and most effective cleaner & intermediate level disinfectants. It is listed as a category IV, the EPA’s lowest toxicity category.
OPTIM 1 provides the confidence that you are compliant and mindful of patients, staff, equipment and the environment without compromise; the perfect balance. OPTIM 1 - One-step Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant. One Minute (TB) Contact Time. Available in USA.
Dental Advisor and Dr. John Molinari: Environmental Surface Cleaning Investigation
Dr. John Molinari tests alcohol and QUAT surface cleaners, as well as, OPTIM 1: One-Step Cleaner & Intermediate Disinfectant.
Contact Time Chart
|Surface Disinfectant Contact Time*|
|Product Name||Acitve Ingredient||Mycobacteria||Non-enveloped Viruses||Enveloped Viruses||Bacteria||Fungicidal|
|TB||Adeno||Polio||Noro||Rota||RSV||HIV||HBV (Hep.B)||HCV (Hep.C)||Influenza A||MRSA||VRE||E.coli||PSA|
|OPTIM 1||0.5% Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide||1||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||1||1||1||1||30 sec|
|OPTIM 33TB||0.5% Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide||5||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||10|
|Sanicloth AF3||Quats||3||3||3||3||30 sec||3||3||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Discide Ultra||Quats-alcohol||1||1||1||1||1||1||30 sec||1||1||1||1||1|
|Lysol IC 111||Quats-alcohol||6||3||1||10||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||2||2||2||2||2|
|Clorox HP Wipes||1.4% Hydrogen Peroxide||5||3||1||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||1||1||30 sec||30 sec||30 sec||5|
* Contact time in minutes. If blank, no published information was available. Information was obtained from publicly available material in October of 2016. Information will be updated if there are changes in claims.
EPA Categorization of Common Active Ingredients
The EPA has four toxicity categories, category 1 being the category with the highest toxicity and category 4 being the lowest. The toxicity category of a product determines the labeling requirements, including which cautionary signal word must be indicated on the product label.
|Active Ingredient||EPA Toxicity Category||Signal Word Required|
|AHP (Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide) OPTIM||Cat. 4||NONE REQUIRED|
|Quats + Low % Alcohol||Cat. 3||CAUTION|
|Quats + High % Alcohol||Cat. 2||WARNING|
Safety Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
1 John Molinari, PhD, Peri Nelson, BS, and Devi J.V. Raghavan, BDS. Optim 1 Cleaning and Disinfection Study. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2016.
2 John A. Molinari, Ph.D., Peri Nelson, B.S., Antonia Molinari. Environmental Surface Wetness Test: Comparison of Disinfectant Wipes. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2016.
3 John Molinari, Ph.D., Peri Nelson, B.S. Effect of Optim 1 on Tensile Properties of Dental Chair Fabrics. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2016.
Manufactured by: VIROX Technologies Inc., 2770 Coventry Rd., Oakville, ON, L6H 6R1