Accidental spills, equipment malfunction, operator errors and the failure of room ventilation systems are some of the events that can increase the airborne concentration of chemical vapours such as hydrogen peroxide and peracetic acid in MDRDs.
ChemDAQ’s Steri-Trac Sterilant Gas Monitoring System provides the optimal solution for workplace safety assurance, protecting personnel from serious health effects associated with exposure to sterilant gases.
Complete, stand-alone gas monitoring instruments
- Displays real-time PPM concentrations
- Alarms activate if chemical exposure reaches pre-set levels
- Proactive Impending Alerts warn personnel of potentially hazardous gas concentration
- Colour-coded LED display identify gas exposure in individually monitored areas
ChemDAQ’s Data Acquisition Computer (DAQ®) provides a centralized view of the entire monitoring system
- Centralized calculation of OSHA permissible exposure limits* (PEL)
- Records and archives all exposure data in monitored areas
- Steri-Trac enables hospitals to comply with occupational safety standards (including CSA, OSHA, ACGIH and Joint Commission standards, as well as AAMI recommendations)
Easy calibration and accurate monitoring
- Exclusive Sensor Calibration/Exchange program (SXP®) facilitates maintenance by providing factory calibrated sensors at regular intervals
- ChemDAQ’s Spot-On® ethylene oxide filter reduces incidence of false alarms from common background interferents such as alcohols and carbon monoxide
Biocidal Vapor Exposure a Risk to Sterile Processing Technicians
Summary of Safety Regulations
|NIOSH IDLH Values and Odour Thresholds|
|Compound||NIOSH IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to Life & Health)||Odour Threshold|
|Ethylene Oxide||800 ppm||75 ppm|
|Hydrogen Peroxide||430 ppm||100 ppm|
* OSHA gas monitoring, CFR 1910.1047 & CFR 1910.1000 OSHA 30 year exposure recordkeeping, CFR 1910.1020 Joint Commission standard, EC 02.02.01 AMMI ST: 41/2005 recommendations.
Manufactured by: ChemDAQ Inc. 300 Business Center Dr., #330, Pittburgh, PA 15205, United States
Steri-Tracs®, Spot-On® and SXP® and are registered trademarks of ChemDAQ, Inc.
MDRD: Medical Device Reprocessing Department
OSHA: Occupational Safety and Health Administration
NIOSH: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
ACGIH: American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
AAMI: Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation